AN ADVENTUROUS CAMPAIGN LINKING COUNTRY QUEENSLAND BY AIR
As Australia’s first travel trade ready program showcasing regional Queensland, the launch of Skytrans new Destinations Guide’ holiday program on Tuesday, 29 May is a significant commitment from the airline to showcase the state’s better kept secrets.
The managing director of Skytrans, Simon Wild is delighted with the finished product that was three years in the making. “Destinations allows us to give back to Queensland’s heartland – the old fashioned way – by telling stories that will fire your imagination and stimulate renewed interest in the Queensland Outback and Cape York experience.”
Destinations has been developed by Skytrans in conjunction with Australia’s leading tourism business development company, Parker Travel Collection – who will now work with Skytrans to market the campaign world-wide starting with an official launch to travel trade at next month’s Australian Tourism Exchange (ATE) in Perth.
According to Todd Parker, managing director, Parker Travel Collection, the ‘Destinations Guide’ is an authentic and compelling insight into Queensland’s six country regions as well as Skytrans’ two gateway hubs of Cairns and Brisbane. Each region is clearly identified while incorporating an appealing combination of hotels, touring product and events for standalone sale.
“In its region by region showcase, the ‘Destinations Guide’ takes its cue from major events featured in Tourism Queensland’s Outback Eventures’ initiative that will then be independently packaged and promoted starting with the Mount Isa rodeo in August,” he said.
In brief, Destinations:
- Features six country and two city regions across Queensland – Toowoomba/Cunnamulla, Corner Country (Quilpie and Charleville), Channel Country (Birdsville, Bedourie, Boulia), Mount Isa, Gulf (Karumba and Normanton), Cape (Tip and Coen), Brisbane and Cairns.
- Travel Trade Ready – Commission offered on all products for domestic and international distribution.
- ‘Things to Do’ – Listed in each area along with other local information (description and temperature guides), events supported by Tourism Queensland as part of its Eventures and Adventures campaigns.
- Initial Distribution – Skytrans network (in-flight, website, consumer database), travel trade (retail, domestic wholesale and international inbound) as well as all visitor information centres throughout regional Queensland.
- Packaging – Launch campaign will be followed by a succession of packages focussing solely on an event/activity starting with the Mount Isa Rodeo.
Skytrans is a Queensland owned company with 20 years of operating history and a fleet of Dash-8 aircraft flying to 24 ports around Queensland and now New South Wales on scheduled and charter services. All flights feature full in-flight service, movies, and quality catering.
For further information on fares and schedules or to make a booking, please visit www.skytrans.com.au or call 1300 SKYTRANS (759872) to speak with one of our friendly reservations staff.
Parker Travel Collection has offices in Melbourne, Cairns, Gold Coast, Guangzhou, Los Angeles, London and Seoul. For further information, contact Todd Parker, Parker Travel Collection on 07 4055 6122, mob: 0417 440 922, email: or visit the website on www.parkertravelcollection.com
Media Contact: Jillian Spencer on 07 4040 6700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Issued by: Pip Miller PR Mob: 0419 681 543 Email: email@example.com